A new website to champion a dynamic northern city.
Converting online visits into footfall, thanks to the DC Enterprise platform
The Make it York DMO approached DestinationCore to help redevelop the Visit York website. The clients’ objectives included:
- Make the Visit York website the go-to tool for people planning a visit to York no matter what type of trip, including residents
- Encourage users to discover more about York through the implementation of on-site user discover tools and more visible blog content
- Encourage users to take more direct action – such as booking, outbound clicks, itinerary planning. Benchmark at site launch, track, and monitor performance
- Use the website as a tool to drive up the number of overnight stays, through the promotion of the accommodation offering in York
- Collect, track and report on ROI metrics which help to demonstrate the value of membership - such as booking, outbound clicks, pages views, listing visibility, ad views/impression for each individual member
- Provide a platform from which Visit York can grow advertising revenue and at the same time provided added value to members through increased visibility and exposure. More commerciality.
The Visit York site has been built on the DestinationCore Enterprise platform - our most bespoke system.
Visit York receives in excess of 115,000 visitors per month to their online platform and needed a robust and flexible system that could handle this volume of traffic and offer a personalised experience for each and every visitor.
The new website gives business and leisure guests a visually impactful and intuitive experience from any device, anywhere in the world.
Not only has the website had a complete overhaul to improve the look and feel but it will also offer improved functionality and a brand new and improved itinerary building capability that will allow visitors to share their created itineraries online. Visit York’s popular hub pages have received an uplift too, with more dynamic and interactive content to be displayed, starting with the launch of the #LoveYork summer staycations campaign hub.
With over 60% of users accessing the visityork.org website on mobile devices, the new design brings a dynamic and user-friendly interface of the site’s mobile version, contributing to higher engagement and improved user journey.
The new website will also offer a better integration with one of our key partners, TXGB. This booking service allows businesses to link their products directly to this national booking platform, making it easier for visitors to book their entire visit via one website rather than having to visit multiple sites.
Modules installed include
DC Advertising Module
DC Global Categories Module
DC Booking Engine
DC Tiered Membership Structure
DC Business Login
DC Location Categorisation
DC Itinerary Entry Type
DC Multi-site CMS
"Our new website is designed to enhance the experience for both visitors to the city and the local businesses that use our platform to showcase themselves. The itinerary planning tool and improved booking system have all been designed to create a ‘customer first’, fully responsive experience - from the discovery and planning stages, right through to pre-arrival and check-in."
Ashley Young, Senior Marketing and Communications Manager at Make It York
Want to know more about DestinationCore? Call, email or fill in the form.
Will Wright | Managing Partner
Tel: 01473 215656
Jane Petrucci | Customer Relationship Manager
Tel: 01473 215656